Activity 2: Two Truths and a Lie
Learning about one another: Students and mentors get to know more about each other by playing a game.
Mentors and mentees learn things about each other and begin to develop their relationship.
Mentors and mentees learn about one another's yes and no responses.
- Large monitor to display PowerPoint
- Step-by-Step (SBS) communication device - mentees work with staff prior to the session to choose Two Truths and a Lie which are then programmed into their Step-by-Step
- develop Two Truths and a Lie
- meet online to review and provide feedback to each other regarding the age-appropriate language used
- role-play with Self-Determination Program (SDP) staff, prior to the Two Truths and a Lie session with the mentees
SDP staff introduce the Getting-to-Know-You game as a way for mentees and mentors to learn something new about one another. Each person in the group shares 3 pieces of information about themselves. The goal for everyone else in the group is to figure out which pieces of information about that person are true and which are lies.
- "Who thinks Tyson has five sisters?"
- "Who thinks Collin loves swimming?"
- "Who thinks Job took a picture with the band, One Direction?"