Who is it for?
The Bridge School Self-Determination Program is for middle school students who use AAC. It is a supplemental curriculum to address specific self-determination skills. Literacy skills are not a prerequisite. All of the activities and materials are adapted so that students can listen to the text if needed, and engage in the activities and lessons using any combination of no-tech, mid-tech or high-tech communication systems.
Our Self-Determination program contains:
- Small group and individual activities for the middle school classroom
- Extension activities for the community setting
- Instructions for teachers, instructional assistants, speech-language pathologists, family members and/or mentors
- Three consecutive 7-9 week units:
- Unit 1: Self Knowledge
- Unit 2: Plan and Act
- Unit 3: Experience Outcomes and Learn